Curling on TV: 2012 Brier

Ready for more 3x a day curling on tv? It's Brier time!!


This year's Brier will run from March 3-11 and takes place in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. I'll be watching as much from work as possible (shh, don't tell my boss!), but it looks like I'll probably only have time to watch the finals weekend games live.

Plus - I'm actually going to Saskatoon!! That's right, I'm hitching a ride on the curling train to take in the first three draws Saturday afternoon/evening and Sunday morning. That's 10hrs of driving for 12hrs of curling - crazy maybe but it'll be awesome. I'm going to the Brier!!

Here's the line up of teams:

Alberta: Kevin Koe
BC: Jim Cotter
Manitoba: Rob Fowler
New Brunswick: Terry Odishaw
Newfoundland & Labrador: Brad Gushue
Northwest Territories/Yukon: Jamie Koe
Nova Scotia: Jamie Murphy
Northern Ontario: Brad Jacobs
Ontario: Glenn Howard
PEI: Michael Gaudet
Quebec: Robert Dejardin
Saskatchewan: Scott Manners

I'll admit I don't know half the field, but the best bit about sport is it's unpredictable, so it should be an interesting week. Like most others, I'll predict a Howard/Koe final - and those are my favourite two teams so may the best team win!!

Check out the draw schedulescores/standings, and the follow TSN live broadcast schedule below (times ET).


There's also TSN's Mobile TV (Bell only, boo!) and on-demand at TSN.ca posted after the live television broadcast. TSN.ca also has live streaming of all weekday morning and afternoon draws beginning Monday, March 5 (shh, don't tell my boss!). There's also TSN and Canadian Curling association apps to download. And don't forget all the action on Twitter!

There are two specials being aired too. On Sunday, March 11, TSN will show a Championship Special at 7:30 p.m. (ET) just before the Final (8 p.m. ET). It will highlight the week and show behind the scenes something or other.

Also, a special documentary will air on TSN Sunday March 4 at 6:30 p.m. (ET). This 'Rockumentary' (ha ha) will follow Team Glenn Howard during the 2010-2011 season. Should be super interesting!

(More info is available on the Brier media release and the Rockumentary media release.)

Don't forget to play the CCA's Pick'em Challenge! I came in 445 (out of like 2000) in the Scotties Challenge, so hope to stay in the top 500 this time too.

It's going to be a great week - I'm so excited to go!!

(Want to watch still more curling? The World Junior's is going on right now - Team Canada happens to be comprised of both ladies and mens Team Albertas.  You can follow the live coverage on Youtube. I'll be cheering them on for sure.)

Comments

  1. You can access TSN at work?! I'm so jealous! Our server blocks any sport related websites among many other things. So while I wish I could be watching from work, I will not be, although since I can get twitter on my Kobo now I will be following through there. Have a great weekend at the Brier!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment