#Curling on TV - Canada Cup

Wow, time is flying by - it's almost time for the first televised Canadian Curling Association event - the Canada Cup!



Held in Cranbrook, BC, the event runs from Nov. 30 - Dec. 4. It's a men's and women's event and many of the top teams will be there:

Men's Teams: Koe, Martin, McEwen, Howard, Stoughton, Laycock, and Jacobs.

Women's Teams: Holland, Kleibrink, Lawton, Jones, Carey, Nedohin, and Homan

Take a look at the qualifying process. Pretty stacked event! Unfortunately, even though the draw schedule is busy Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, TSN will only be televising the semis and finals on Saturday and Sunday:

All games TSN (MT)
Saturday Dec. 3
1pm - Women's semi
6pm - Men's semi

Sunday Dec. 4
9am - Women's final
1:30pm - Men's final

If you can't watch the games, they might be online afterwords - although I can't remember if TSN shows games live or archives them. The later I think?

You can also follow along using the new Canadian Curling Association mobile app! I used it a bit during the Canadian Mixed and the Dominion Curling Championships and it seems to work pretty well, but I haven't tested following line scores to check the update frequency. My only complaint so far is that there isn't a 'Teams' tab for each event (unless I can't find it).

And I'm assuming the CCA will have Curlcast going online - I noticed it looked differently for the Dominion so I'm curious to see what it looks like for the Canada Cup.

My picks? Eh, it's early in the season but I'll go locally with Nedohin/Koe or out to Ontario for Homan/Howard. Could be anyone's game though!

This event falls at a good time for me to take off work, so while I'm following this week I'll be considering if I should drive (?!) out to Moose Jaw next year for it. Crazy? Probably!

Comments

  1. Canada cup of curling match schedule, results, men’s and women’s team, standings and playoff details here Canada Cup of Curling 2011

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment