Still Library Blogging at Re:Generations

Last year I posted a recap of all the library related posts I've posted for Re:Generations. Re:Generations is was a committee of the Canadian Association of College and University Libraries (CACUL), which is was itself a division of the Canadian Library Association (CLA). Re:Gen's mandate is was to engage new and prospective (academic) librarians.

Currently, the CLA is in the midst of big changes, and divisions have been disbanded in favour of yet to be sorted out 'networks', and thus Re:Generations is currently in limbo. This is a shame because it was a great forum for new professional librarians to network, learn from each other, and generally make their voice known. A group of likeminded 'new' library professionals are currently generating ideas about how to remain active in the CLA and profession in general. I encourage you to read about what they are doing and get involved by checking out the Let's Do This wiki!

I've thoroughly enjoyed my time as a Re:Generations member. I started out as a student representative and when I graduated became a blogger. Over the past two years I met and worked with some great librarians from around the country, and I was able to share ideas with and learn from them. I'm not sure what the next year will bring for the blog/committee, or for my continued role with it. As such, I'm just appreciative of being involved with such a great group of people.

Here are my posts for 2010-2011:
Organizing a Conference
Pondering Internal Professional Development
Handouts: Necessity or Waste?
Outreach to High Schools
Thoughts on the 2010 Augustana Workshop
Teaching Tip: Make 'em Laugh!
Liaising with Faculty For Newbies

You can still read past posts at the Re:Generations blog, and bloggers will continue to post content until the final word comes down, so please do still check the blog! And don't forget to check out the Let's Do This wiki.

Comments