Photo Walk: St Joachim Cemetery

My photographer friend always takes me on the best lunch dates: this week we went to the cemetery!

Actually, it was lovely. The weather in Edmonton felt all spring-like for once, and my office atmosphere has been tense lately, so as usual it was nice to get out and go for a walk.

The whole point of these walks is to teach me photography stuff. The past couple walks we talked about exposure (I think that's what it's called, anyways that's the 'A' dial on my camera and the + or - spectrum to get the lighting/colouring right). I think I still failed those lessons, but we moved on to something new anyways: composition (I think that's what it's called, anyways that's positioning objects in the frame using the rule of thirds and diagonals). I'm not sure I learned this lesson either, so it'll all have to be reviewed again next time. I'm a much better student in a classroom where I can take notes to study afterwards!

Here are my best/favourite shots:


Pre-cemetery/lesson - and one of the best of the bunch!

I love the "dead tree in the graveyard" view.






Military headstones will always remind me of my first trip to Belgium...









Comments