Photo-A-Day Week #17

December 27, 2010: Nothing like a mild version of the norovirus/stomach flu to follow up Christmas fun with pain and sickness. This is my miracle cure.


December 28, 2010: Still stuck on my couch. At least I finished season 8 and 9 of Spooks, and now the Oilers are on.


December 29, 2010: Haven't left the house since Christmas, and still don't feel well. Living alone sucks when you're sick.


December 30, 2010: Finally feeling better, so I started my iPhone 4 quest - unfortunately after calling a dozen stores, it became apparent there were no iPhones in Edmonton. I guess everyone got one for Christmas. I was crushed because I really wanted one so I could tweet pictures from the upcoming Continental Cup of Curling event. Looks like I'll have to carry my cellphone and my old digital camera in my pocket instead. Not quite as slim as an iPhone, eh?


December 31, 2010: After a lucky call to a random phone store, I was told a north side mall just got 30 iPhones in. I rushed over and managed to get one! Yay! I was there for an hour, and they sold 8 iPhones in that time, so ran out of their new shipment early that afternoon. They were the only store in Edmonton to get iPhone 4s that day, but the Apple stores still have some (you have to line up at opening to get one though). Curling photos here I come!


January 1, 2010: Oh Oilers. Not a good hockey game tonight, and against Calgary too! Boo. Here's the first photo from my iPhone - can you spot the Barney balloon stuck in the rafters of the Arena? It's been up there for at least as long as we've been sitting in section 336 (so at least a year and a half). How would they ever get that down?


January 2, 2010: The only good thing about yesterday's Oilers game: the free bag they gave everyone. It's a drawstring one; they were hugely popular with the teenagers when I lived in England, so it looks like the style has finally crossed the pond. 

Comments