Photo-A-Day Week #16

December 20, 2010: There was a big lunar eclipse tonight. I didn't stay up to watch it, but the moon at night was pretty awesome anyways. This picture really doesn't do it justice.


December 21, 2010: The first morning of winter - cold, but beautiful.


December 22, 2010: Servers went down at work for a bit, so I took the opportunity to take a photo of the cool ice formation on the window by the 'garden'. It's hard to take photos of glass.


December 23, 2010: Who says I don't do Christmas decorations!


December 24, 2010: Remember how I lost my watch in a snowbank last week? Well, as I was taking a load of pants out of the washing machine, guess what fell out after a round in the suds? Yep, that would be my beloved 17 year old watch. It wasn't working, and I felt like an idiot because it was my fault it was broken. If it had died in a snowbank, so be it, it couldn't be helped. But now I had drowned my watch. I dunked it in a container of rice, as I'd heard that fixed water logged cellphones - and sure enough an hour later it was ticking away! So now I have two watches the new slightly annoyingly larger replacement on the left, and the old, broken in somewhat tarnished and shabby old one on the right. Which one do I wear? Merry Christmas to me.


December 25, 2010: This is what is should be about, not money or presents or awkward family moments. Actually my Christmas was alright but I'm glad the next one is a year away.




December 26, 2010: A wind gust shaped this snow overhang at my parent's house. We've lived there for 25 years and this has never happened before. It was seriously huge, halfway to the ground from the roof. Crazy. Nature is cool.

Comments