It's curling time again!
There were a couple "not-on-tv-pro" events last weekend and a couple more this weekend*, so it's only a matter of time before a) I start posting curling tv schedules and b) I spend most of my time watching curling on tv. And yes, I'll be playing again this year, so stay tuned for news about that.
In case you missed all the curling news that happened over the summer, here's a list of some curling team (et al) news:
- Ferbey Four Breaks Up - Ferbey to Throw Third for Gushue - Gushue Really Excited
- Big Changes For Jennifer Jones - Cathy O Sacked By Team Canada - Lawes To Replace Cathy O - Cathy O Stays In Curling
- Mead Joins Stoughton - More About the New Team
- Gunnlaugson Going To Russia - Price of Playing For Russia
- Bernard/Martin/Murdoch/Koe to Play Skins Game
- New Rules From the Canadian Curling Association
- John Epping To Skip New Team
- Walchuk, Bartlett, Schille, Kidby to Form New Team - More here
- Changes For Team Brad Jacobs
- Middaugh/Howard To Team Up - More About Howard Not Retiring
- New Team For Sherry Middaugh Too
- Team Koe Sticks Together For Another Year
- CCA Rules of Play
- New Team For Pat Simmons
And don't forget, Men With Brooms starts this Monday on CBC!!
It's hard to say how much I'll post about curling this year as I'm pretty busy with my new job. I will definitely try to post tv schedules (mountain time, sorry folks) and about my curling-event-volunteering-adventures.
For more awesome curling news, follow The Curling News blog, and any others in my curling blogroll on the right side of my blog. A new blog has recently emerged - Gripper Bits. She's got more info about the this year's teams by province (must reads) and hopefully will continue to regularly list event winners. Twitter is also a great place to follow curling news/teams, check out my curling list for ideas about who to follow.
And let the season begin!!
* The Shoot-Out is on in Edmonton at the Saville Centre. I totally would've gone and watched but they didn't have any info for spectators on the website, and I didn't have time to call. Someone should hire me to sort out their websites - I'd bring the fans in!