Curling Excitement - Doubled

It was a good evening for curling excitement.

First, once again twitter told me a super awesome great website will be live streaming curling games from a European event - the Radisson Blu Oslo Cup. The event runs from Wednesday, Sept. 23 - Sunday, Sept. 26. Teams include: Ulsrud, Uusipaavalniemi, Edin, Murdoch, Trulsen and Kapp for mens teams and Muirhead, Ott, Githmark, Norberg and Canada's own Jennifer Jones for the womens teams. That's quite the line up.

All games are shown in CET (which is Central European Time, learned something new today), which is 8hrs ahead of my Mountain time zone (I think?). I wont be able to watch many games live, but last time this same site showed games they archived them.

I'm loving Laola1.tv. Keep it up folks!

Secondly, I finally got my volunteer crew assignment for the Continental Cup of Curling event, to be held in January 2011.

And it's awesome. I will not have to serve beer. I will not have to be security at 2am.

I get to host/serve in the Volunteer, Media and Sponsors’ Lounges! Fun!! Maybe I'll get to bump into someone famous again this year. Regardless, I'm already predicting tons of fun in January! Check out my Roar of the Rings posts for the tons of fun I had last time I was a curling volunteer for a big event.

Oh curling season. I'm so glad you're back.

Comments