Convocation 2010: Officially Finished Grad School

So guess what I did on Thursday June 10, 2010?

Pomp and Circumstance on stage

A rare picture of my parents and I. Notice how we all have the same goofy squinty eyes.

Yep. I graduated. Finally. Praise the God for that!

I never went to the convocation of my Bachelor of Education way back in the day because I was in Montreal. I didn't want to go to this one either. I hate fancy-dress-up-take-lots-of-pictures kind of events. But I many in my class were going, and this might be my last chance to convocate from the University of Alberta. So I went.

And it was alright. The Honorary Degree recipient was a pianist, so for her keynote she played a beautiful piece with her husband accompanying and her daughters turning pages. It was lovely.

Then I walked across the stage. Shook some hands. Hugged some professors. It was a blur really.

And now I'm finished. I am no longer a student. It's weird. I forgot what it was like to live in the real world. It's going to take some getting used to. But there's no homework in the real world (yet), so I'm looking forward to it. Onwards and upwards I suppose.

Should be interesting...

Comments

Post a Comment