Reading-For-Fun Finally!

Grad school is done. I'm only half employed and finally have some time to spare. Time to re-take up a hobby I haven't touched much in the past year: reading for fun!!

Oh goody. I'm so excited!!

I've got about 60 books piled up on my bookshelf that I've acquired over the years that need to be read. I have a to-get-out-of-the-library-and-read list a mile long. And I've got boxes of favourites I want to read again.

That should cover me for the rest of my life.

I'm on a Tolkien kick at the moment, which was spurred on by the Lord of the Rings marathon I watched with my very good friend last week. Thus I've decided to re-read some old favourites first, and am going to make it a Tolkien summer. I plan on reading The Hobbit and LOTR (all re-reads) and then The Simarillion, Children of Hurin, and Unfinished Tales (all of which I haven't read before).

First up: The Hobbit. Which I've never liked. So I reckon I'll get through it pretty fast so I can get to the good stuff!

Comments