Good Run Of Bad Luck + Apple Store = Awesome

Seriously, I had quite the unlucky weekend!

First, on Friday, my favourite lip gloss fell out of my pocket, likely on the road when I was getting into/out of my car. Maybe you're thinking this isn't a big deal. However, I only know one place in the city (Earth's General Store) that sells it, it's not close, and it cost $4. And I had just bought it. It was new and full and now it's gone. Bah!

Saturday, a magnet fell out of my clip-on sunglasses. I wear prescription glasses, and have sensitive eyes so I usually wear my sunglasses on a daily basis. So I can't just go to the store and buy a new pair of trendy sunglasses like most people. Remember last summer's glasses trauma? The last thing I need is to deal with broken sunglasses, especially with an upcoming trip to the mountains. Luckily I managed to spot the magnet and save it. I planned on gluing it back in later, and could still wear my sunglasses, as they were only loose on one side.

On Sunday, the other magnet fell out. Seriously! One freakin' day apart! My mom suggested I go to the place where I bought them to get them fixed. Like I have time to trek all over town. Anyways, I did go visit the glasses store, and they said since they were under warranty, they could order me a new pair of clip-on sunglasses. Unfortunately they wont come in until next week. I can keep my old broken pair until then, but if I glue the magnets in it voids the warranty. So I'll be spending my trip hiking in the mountains constantly adjusting and picking up my sunglasses when they fall to the ground. Yipee. Plus, remember last summer's glasses trauma? I don't have much faith in that store to order me the right pair of sunglasses. We shall see next week.

Then, on Monday, my macbook case cracked.


My beautiful, faithful, most favouritest possession was broken!

A quick Google search though revealed that this is a super common problem. Apparently, the plastic is defective. In fact, Apple will replace the whole top plate + keyboard regardless of whether you have warranty or not - indefinitely. I made an appointment with the Apple Store Geniuses and took it in today. They did replace the top plate, and I only had to wait an hour. 

The other good thing to come out of this, was that my glitchy iSight camera acted up for the Apple Store guy. My iSight camera has been glitchy since I bought my macbook in 2008. About 10% of the time, it turns on during start up and then can't be used until you restart. This is the reason I bought extended warranty, because I knew it would come back to bite me later. 

Fortunately, since I do have warranty, the Apple Store will replace my iSight camera!! How nice of them. I have to wait for the part to come in, and it'll take a few hours, but hey, it's like I'll have a whole new macbook!

The faceplate is so clean, and I can see all the keyboard letters again! Apple Store, I heart you!

Comments

  1. Good to know about the plastic, mine's been cracked for years and I've never really cared enough to find out more about it. Maybe one of these days I'll take mine in and get it fixed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment