Book-y Top 5s 2009

Last February, I listed my top 5 books I read in 2008 (Canadian and International edition). And since I posted some musical 2009 top 5s the other day, I reckon it's time for some book-y 2009 top 5s.
Actually, I haven't read very many books in 2009. I haven't managed to read any Corey Redekop suggested last year. I'm embarrassed to say that I'm still only a third through the book I started in August. And I'm supposed to be a librarian! I blame grad school + 4 jobs + no long train commutes. I'm sure once I'm an unemployed graduate this spring I'll have loads of time to get through the 50+ books that are piled up on my 2read shelf.
In the meantime, this 2009 list will have to be cut down to top 3s!
Here are my book-y top 3s for 2009:
Canadian Edition
1. The Cellist of Sarajevo by Steven Galloway
2. Icefields by Thomas Wharton
3. This Is Your Brain On Music by Daniel J. Levitin
International Edition
1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
2. Thursday Next Series by Jasper Fforde
3. Warchild by Emmanual Jal

Comments

  1. Totally agree re: The Book Thief. Probably one of the best books I've read in the past 5-10 years. It's in my top 4 books of all time, for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment