Google Street View Goes Live

Last June, I saw a Google Street View camera on my street.
Well, Google Street View has gone live with images from Canadian streets (except Edmonton for whatever reason).
Privacy concerns are still rampant (see here), but "In an attempt to answer Canadian privacy concerns, faces and licence plates are blurred and Google has agreed to inform the public before it takes photos and limit the time it keeps and publishes the images." Really? No one warned me last June.
"Questions about the service's legality in Canada saw Google summoned to appear before Parliament's information, privacy and ethics committee earlier this year. The committee is reviewing privacy laws to ensure they are still effective in the digital era."
Hmm. Google Goes To Parliament. Wish I could've been a fly on that wall.
Yes, Google is taking over the world. Yet I want a Google Wave invitation and will most definitely look up my house as soon as the Street View Edmonton pictures go live. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em...

Comments