Blog Action Day 2009: Huh?

Have you notice that new badge on my blog? Of course not, you're reading this through an RSS reader. Well here it is:
"Blog Action Day is an annual event that unites the world's bloggers in posting about the same issue on the same day. Our aim is to raise awareness and trigger a global discussion.
From the smallest online journals to huge online magazines, Blog Action Day is about mass participation. Anyone is free to join in on Blog Action Day and there is no limit on the number of posts, the type of posts or the direction of thoughts and opinions."
I think this years topic is quite fitting. It was 33degrees yesterday. In Edmonton. In the middle of September. It should be like 15degrees. That's just wrong, and honestly it worries me. A co-worker said to me, as I was complaining about the heat, "Yay, climate change is finally working!" That also is just wrong.
I participated in Blog Action Day last year, albeit somewhat late and as more of an afterthought, so maybe I'll put more thought into this year's post(s) because I think it's an important topic that needs to be shared, discussed, and halted.
Visit the site to register your blog, and then write a post about climate change on October 15. The earth thanks you.

Comments