September seems to be a popular month for fantastic gigs in Edmonton*. If you're local, check out some of these awesome musicians, and if you're from away, check out their sites for locations near you! All the bands have myspace pages with audio samples if you're unfamiliar with any of the names (Google is your friend).
September Gigs Galore:
- 6 - Ann Vriend Featuring Colleen Brown, Carrie Catherine, Mark Davis, and Matt Epp (Haven Social Club)
- 8 - Evan Symons + Victor Desousa (Brixx Bar & Grill)
- 11 - Light Travels, Red Ram and Dusty Roads Band (Brixx Bar & Grill)
- 11 - Prairie Oyster (Festival Place)
- 12 - Will Whyte and Bill Mhyre (Blue Chair Cafe)
- 13 - The Tragically Hip (Jubilee Auditorium)
- 14 - The Tragically Hip (Jubilee Auditorium)
- 15 - Lynn Miles, Melanie Doane, Catherine McClellan, and Annabelle Chvostek (Arden Theatre)
- 16 - The Tragically Hip (Jubilee Auditorium)
- 17 - The Tragically Hip (Jubilee Auditorium)
- 18 - Buffy Sainte-Marie (Festical Place)
- 19 - Mike Plume Band (Myer Horowitz Theatre)
- 20 - Keith Urban (Rexall)
- 22 - Cuff the Duke (The Pawn Shop)
- 22 - Keith Urban (Rexall)
- 24 - Amelia Curran (Haven Social Club)
- 26 - Deep Dark Wood and Little Miss Higgins (Bonnie Doon Hall)
- 26 - Eric Bogle (Northern Lights Folk Club)
- 27 - Doc Walker (Winspear Centre)
- 30 - City and Colour (Jubilee Auditorium)
I'm going to see The Hip and The Deep Dark Woods, and would love to see Mike Plume and Amelia Curran, but alas I have to work those nights. And I'm not made of money, but that would be nice too. If you want to come see The Deep Dark Woods, let me know and I'll give you the ticket 411 (very cool tickets by the way!).
*Gig list is not exhaustive, and only reflects artists I might like/know of. Please feel free to comment on other suggestions.