My New Glasses

Ok, so here's the story of my day:
Woke up at 9:30am. Did homework straight until 5:30pm. Actually get dressed and drive all the way across town to go pick up my new glasses. Drive in wrong lanes all the way to mall during rush hour. Get to the mall. Friend is 25mins late. Go into glasses shop.
FIND OUT THEY ORDERED THE WRONG F-ING PAIR OF GLASSES!!!! I WANTED THE NAVY BLUE ONES IN BROWN BUT THEY ORDERED THE UGLY PURPLE ONES IN BROWN INSTEAD.
Refrain from exploding on shop worker. Start tearing up. Start crying. Cannot handle the stress. Worker leaves to check order. It's their screw up, what do I do? She brings back this other pair that is the dark green version of the navy blue ones, except they have red clip on sunglasses (yes, that is not a typo, the green pair comes with red clip ons). I freak out in the store. What do I do? I can't wait another week till the brown ones come in, as I can't see very well when I drive anymore. Also, what if brown ones are ugly? What if the brown ones come with ugly red clipons too? It is a likely pairing as another random brown pair has red clip ons. This is why I asked them to order the brown ones in the first place.
Pause to collect thoughts.
After one hour friend and I decide the dark green ones are better than the wrong brown/navy blue/other random brown pair. We turn on our inner bitch and lobby the girl to get the black clip on sunglasses that come with the navy pair with the green pair instead of the red. She calls her manager on vacation. He oks it.
We go for dinner while they fit the lenses, and come back an hour later. I pick up my green glasses with black clip on sunglasses. Heart is beating so much I have a mini panic attack when I can actually see myself in the mirror. Go home, show my mom. She doesn't hate them. It's a start.
Can't wear them till tomorrow so my eyes can rest and I don't get a migraine. Drive home in the dark. Can't read/see most road signs and traffic lights are all blurry.
I just paid $572 for dark green glasses, and I can't get another pair for two years. At least they will match all my army green shirts. Actually, they will match anything. Must get green handbag.
Not sure if I will post pictures or not. Stay tuned.
I'm not sure they are husband-getting cool, but at least I will be able to see when I drive. Please don't laugh at me next time you see me.

Comments

  1. Green glasses aren't bad, I haven't seen a bad pair of green glasses. It'll fit your green local crusader image. And red clip-ons would have been christmas, who doesn't like Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Lisa! I hope they work out all right! At least you can see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief! Reminds me of the trauma I went through when I was being fitted for my first pair of contacts. Anyway, you must post a photo, if not of you in the glasses, then of just the glasses. I wanna see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what me and my big nose where thinking, but I posted a picture as my facebook/twitter profiles.

    I suppose I don't ming them in the end, though they are a bit different.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment