One Degree From Blue Rodeo

Ok, I've just come across the coolest addition to a band's website.
I'm a huge Blue Rodeo fan. I've seen them live half a dozen times, in a couple countries, and Jim Cuddy is #1 on my list (but that's a post for another day). Anyways, while perusing the official Blue Rodeo site, I came across the 'One Degree' section, which is an "ongoing tribute to the many artists who have teamed with Blue Rodeo over the years." There's a big long list of all the fantastic musicians who have been associated with Cuddy, Keelor and Co., and when you click on a photo you're taken to the artist's bio page, which includes a listing of how the musician was/is connected to Blue Rodeo.
Now, I'm huge a fan of some of these people, and I knew that Sarah McLachlan and Blue Rodeo are pretty close (she sings or plays piano on a lot of their albums) and that Jim Cuddy and Gord Downie of the Tragically Hip play hockey together, but I didn't know that:
- Jim Cuddy sang a duet with Jann Arden on "Mend".
- Jim Cuddy sang backing vocals for Luke Doucet on "Bloods Too Rich".
- Jim Cuddy and Greg Keelor sang backing vocals for Great Big Sea on "When I'm Up (I Can't Get Down)", "Jolly Roving Tar" and "Haven't Seen You In A Long Time".
No kidding, that's awesome!
The One Degree page is a great idea, and every musician should include on on their webspace.
(Did I mention that I love Jim Cuddy yet?)

Comments