The Ice Cream Man Cometh

Remember when we were young and the ice cream man (or more appropriately underpaid teenager) rode a bicycle with an ice cream cooler attached to it? They would ring the bells attached to the handle bars to lure out little kids and their quarters. Ah, those were the days.
Since summer has actually come to Alberta, I've noticed an increase in ice cream man appearances around our neighbourhood. Except now they drive weird little yellow van things (I don't even know what to call then, so I couldn't find a picture).
And that song. Good grief, why do the ice cream trucks in this city (and I've heard the same song in three different neighbourhoods so far) play the same annoying old song! It began to drive me crazy: I just couldn't think of the name of that song.
So I did some research... and apparently all the ice cream trucks in Edmonton play "Music Box Dancer" by Frank Mills (a Canadian actually). It came out in the late 1970s. I think I would go insane if I had to listen to it all day.
For your reading pleasure, more sites about the ice cream man c/o a quick Google search:
Ok, stop reading. Gather your quarters and chase down that annoying ice cream man!
(pic)

Comments