Busted Eyewear

I'm so mad I want to cry.
(FYI - I've been wearing uber expensive prescription glasses since I was five. The lenses cost over $400 because my prescription is so atrociously bad. No, I cannot get contacts or laser surgery either, because of that atrociously bad prescription.)
On Monday my clip-on magnetic sunglasses broke, in the exact same way my old pair broke four years ago while I was living in London. Back then no one would fix them or order me new ones so I had to wear ugly clip-ons from the pharmacy. Now back in Canada however, my options were to pay $100 to order new ones, $80 to get big wraparounds or custom clip-ons, or $25 to get them fixed. So as we speak, they are getting fixed.
But an hour ago my glasses broke, in the exact same way my old pair broke four years ago while I was living in London. Back then I just wore them and liberally reapplied crazy glue. Now back in Canada however...well I haven't figured that out yet. Hopefully the jeweler who refused to fix my sunglasses will fix my frames. If not, I'll have to buy some crazy glue.
Why did this have to happen all at the same time? Why did this have to happen four months before I'm due to get a whole new pair of uber expensive glasses?
Grr...

Comments