Monday, May 18, 2009

Online Dating Is Annoying...

I can't believe I'm about to write a post about online dating.
Here goes nothing...
So during a bout of loneliness like 2 months ago, I signed up for plentyoffish, an online dating site. I know, desperate, eh? I beg to differ (slightly). When I was living in England, I went to half a dozen weddings, the majority of which were for online couples. Now that I'm back in Canada, plenty of people have told me to sign up, citing that they (or someone they know) had great success with the online sites. I put it off for awhile, but finally bit the bullet.
And it was fun for awhile. The first thing I noticed is that the site is full of nice, normal people, sorta like me, looking for other nice, normal people. It was flattering to get messages from seemingly nice, normal guys who though I was cute or funny or whatever (when does that ever happen?!).
But the novelty wore off rather quickly. I hate superficial conversation, thus exchanging superficial emails full of empty compliments is not the way to win my heart. Gosh, and boys sure do get cranky when you 'forget to reply' or delete their messages (can you say psycho?).
Anyways, after 2 months on the site, I'm quitting. Lesson learned: serial email dating is not for me. The quest for the perfect guy for this odd duck thus continues...

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you wrote about this either...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Online Dating is a fun and a great for building new relationships. I too got some good friends through Chemistry.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. try http://www.smooch.com thats where i met my other half, we have been together 7 years now.

    You do get the occassional oddball and time waster on online datingsites, but for me it was worth sifting through them to find the real gem at the bottom

    ReplyDelete