Laptops vs TV

I like coming across things that validate my life, meaning I like it when I realize I'm not the only one...
"In-Stat: 66.3 Million US TV Viewers are Simultaneously Using a PC While Watching TV
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., April 18, 2009 - Over 66 million consumers across demographic categories are using the Internet while camped out on their sofas watching TV, according to market research firm In-Stat http://www.in-stat.com. Based on In-Stat’s recent survey, 33% of all male respondents, across age groups, reported that they are sometimes using a personal computer simultaneously while watching TV. Among some male age groups the behavior was as high as 50%. In contrast, about 25% of female respondents reported using a PC while watching TV."
I'm a serial multi-tasker. I can't remember the last time I just sat down to just watch tv, or just read a book (except on the train). I'm always on my laptop, and the tv is always on. The other day I was semi-listening to the tv, semi-reading stuff for work/school on my laptop, semi-checking up on my email/facebook, and mostly-watching archived curling footage on a corner of my laptop.
I think I have a problem. I need to go outside...

Comments