1000 Awesome Things Is Awesome

Need to waste some time on the internet? Take a look at the blog for 1000 Awesome Things. It's gotten a lot of press lately, after it won a Webbly Award. Not bad for a Canuck!
I just went through the archives (as of today he's only on 763, counting down from 1000) and picked out a few nostalgic posts that were pretty clever:
#814 Cheesy Theme Songs from the 80's - check out the comments too, someone's posted the lyrics to 'The Littlest Hobo', or my page about 'The Raccoons'.
#844 Celebrities on Sesame Street - 'Chung chung...', did you know Law & Order and Sesame Street share studio? 
#847 Old Classic Board Games -  Umm, hello, Hungry Hungry Hippos rocked! And I'm ashamed to admit it, but a bright 9 year old once beat me at Connect Four, and seriously I wasn't trying to lose like I usually did when I played students during rainy recesses.
#898 Playing Old-School Video Games - Oh Mario, I'm so sorry I could never remember the way through the castle on level 8.
#945 Spending All Your Money On Candy - I had a soft spot for red feet, hot lips and fundips.
All the posts inspire 'oh yeah' moments of truth, and are worth a look if only to figure out why he's included that last picture...

Comments