Random post alert.
I curled today (really, really, really poorly), and was reminded of one of my favourite sounds. So without further a-do (how do you spell that?) I present to you:
Lisa's Top 5 Favourite Loud/Low/Rumbling/Explosion Type Sounds
5. The echoing bang the internal door of the stairwell at the law courts makes when it shuts. Think of a metal door slamming in a concrete bunker.
4. In LOTR: Return of the King, when the the Witch King of Angmar sends out his army from Minas Morgul, and there's a silent pause and then the green light shoots up. Know what I mean? No? Turn up the volume at the 2 minute mark of this:
3. Curling rocks rolling down a sheet of ice (more rocks = better sound). They sound pretty good when they hit too.
2. The bass from the Broken Arrow soundtrack
1. The Mythbusters exploding cement truck. Once again, turn up your volume:
Honourable mention goes to the first minute of this.
And that completes today's strange trip into Lisa's head (or ears?). I think I need to get more sleep...
Or maybe I should start a sound series?
What are your favourite loud/low/rumbling/explosion type sounds?