No Nano This Year

Sadly, I will not be participating in Nanowrimo this year. 
Nanowrimo (National Novel Writing Month) is an annual novel writing challenge whereby a 100,000 people all over the world try to write a 50,000 word novel during the 30 days of November only. It's always good fun. I've finished the challenge the past two years ("In the Key of Zed" and "A Place Like Home", which are crap but I'm proud of my accomplishments nonetheless - and no, you can't read them). 
This year however, I just don't have time. I really tried to get ahead with my school work, but alas, last week I was ready to snap from the stress of it all. It's been so bad my old friend Bob the Ulcer has started acting up again. I just can't handle grad school full time (we have a ton of big assignments due next month), two part time jobs, curling weekly, and seeing friends once in awhile (so they don't forget who I am, I've been busy lately) AND writing a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. 
Damn it, I even had a good idea! It would've been fun, since it's the 10th anniversary of Nanowrimo, plus the Edmonton crew are doing a Harry Potter theme with house competitions and everything. Ah! It sucks I don't have time!! I really want to participate!
School first though. Work second (one day I might have enough for a mortgage). Not going crazy third. You should consider doing Nanowrimo though, it's great fun!
(*sob* I want to do Nano this year!! Stupid school...*sob*)

Comments