Halloween Avoidance

I hate Halloween.
Yeah, it was fun dressing up when we were kids and didn't know any better. We're not kids anymore though. Does this mean I'm against 'fun'? Now adays it seems Halloween is all about getting dressed up in super slutty costumes and getting tanked. Not my idea of fun. It's all about spending money on crap for your house and crap for your closet and crap to eat. It teaches kids to value materialism and candy (which rots their teeth and makes 'em fat). And don't even get me started on the whole devil worship stuff. The world is evil enough, we don't need a day designated for teenagers to vandalize the neighbourhood.
A lot of this comes from my four years in England where they don't 'do' halloween. It's shocking to me now. I got on the train this morning and there were people in costume. It's just shocking for me to see, and honestly makes me uncomfortable.
Maybe I am against 'fun'. Maybe I am a miserable cynic. Maybe I am a grumpy old woman. (Well duh!)
I suppose I'm going to find dried eggs or pumpkin guts on my car tomorrow, eh?
(pic)

Comments

  1. I concur. Kellie and I like to hide in our house with the lights off on Halloween. :)

    They don't do Halloween in Australia either. It must be an American thing. I'd look it up, but I can't be bothered. :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment