On My Ipod...

What did I learn today. Hmm. I didn't learn anything. Actually that's a lie. While I'm not a huge fan of library school yet, I don't mind 3 of my 4 classes (I think I might actually like 1, but it's too early to tell). The other 1. First of all it's called 'The Organization of Knowledge and Information" so exactly how exciting do you think it's going to be? All the theory basically goes over my head. I did learn something today (and was feeling pretty confident) but then the prof yapped on for another hour and I forgot what I learned while I was trying to learn the new stuff and well, yeah. That class is going to be a problem for me.
Anyways. So instead of some useless random post that you probably wont read to the end anyways, I'm just going to ramble on about my current favourite song/CD. If you have an aversion against Alt-Country, or awesome music in general, it's best to stop reading now.
Last January I saw Blue Rodeo (one of my all time favs, have I mentioned lately I love Jim Cuddy?) in concert here in Etown. Their opening act was this guy and his band called Luke Doucet and The White Falcon. They were pretty good. He's married to Melissa McClelland (who had a bit of a following years ago) and they harmonize pretty nicely. Plus he plays a killer guitar (which is almost bigger than him). Then I saw him open for Corb Lund and The Hurtin' Albertans (another one of my all time favs) and he kinda grew on me. Then he showed up at the Edmonton Folk Music Festival this summer. All weekend there was a buzz that followed him around (meaning everyone loved him). I avoided pulling a 'Mary Gauthier' and bought the CD, and well, I love it.
This is my favourite song at the moment (at least check out the killer guitar at 3:20):

Support Canadian music. Go buy the CD.
And for once the photo is actually my own.

Comments

  1. Ha, I thought this was going to be a rant about your ipod touch issues (I'm still waiting for that response...).

    I have a bit of Blue Rodeo on my ipod, it got there when a collegue planted loads of random music on my computer without asking. I don't mind them, have to be in the mood for it though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment