Banned Books

I'm an aspiring librarian. I've had my ear talked off many a time about banned books (apparently censorship is a hot topic). The American Library Association devotes an entire week to the subject, as does the Canadian Council For the Arts in the form of Freedom To Read Week. It's an interesting topic, but get's a bit overdone after awhile (imho). The last thing the web needs is another website listing top banned books (one concisive list would be nice though).
But this is a good list. For each book, they've included a link to a free online excerpt or the entire full text. Full texts are from Project Gutenberg, which is a wicked site that boasts 100,000 free online books!
So pick up a banned book today!
(And if you want free books, check out my give-away list and send me an email...)

Comments