Please...

It's no secret (well maybe it is) that I've been having a crappy summer, for a variety of reasons. Maybe it's because I don't play nice (or bother to play at all) with others. Maybe it's because I'm a miserable, sarcastic cynic with a big mouth. Maybe it's because, well good grief I know all my faults so I ain't listing them here (read between the lines people!). That's been the problem. I know that, just like everyone else (yes you too) I'm a flawed human being. And believe me, I've been trying my hardest to be on my best behaviour and to change 'things'. Really, I'm trying. So stop telling me I'm a terrible person with a terrible outlook on life. That's not the way to go about it with me. I don't need to be told what I already know. I don't need your sanctimoneous, pretentious, condescending rubbish (big words, I don't even really know what they mean but they sound nice).
I just need a hug.
Problem is I'm not a 'huggy' person. In fact when I lived in England I had a reputation for being ''unhuggable'. It's a lie people, a lie!!! I love hugs! I don't know how to and can't remember the last time someone hugged me (or vice versa) but I really do love hugs! I even thought about asking for one at folk fest from one of those Free Hugs people (but only ever saw the tshirts on 17 year old boys, and yeah, that would've been wierd, and maybe even illegal). There's actually a bit of competition between these Free Hugs people (who's website sucks but they had that cutesy video so we'll give them a break) and these Free Hugs people (who's website is better, and y'all know everything/one is judged on how good their website is, maybe they need a cutesy video with cutesy music too).
Anyways, enough with the personal stuff. Here is your mission (should you choose to accept it): save someone's sanity - hug someone today, tell them you love and care about them. Pretty easy, eh, and it's free!! No sanctimoneous preaching, just sharing the love. Go on, I dare you...
(Wow, that's a lot of brackets in one post!)

Comments